Thursday, September 10, 2015

Accountant?!?

In the past i've created numerous budgets in Excel and Numbers for myself & for my mission trips & for my friends who want help to get out of debt. I sort of enjoy balancing my checkbook and during college i did payroll & accounts payable at my place of summer employment. But i never knew that my interest in such nerdy tasks could be so useful here!!

So far I've helped Teresa with the monthly clinic payroll. And i count the pharmacy register every day after clinic with her. I've also been the independent cash counter for the petty cash drawer.

But this week the field treasurer is here before she goes on a year furlough and they had an accountant here to help her replacement with Quickbooks lessons. There has been a lot of extra office work for everyone. I've helped the treasurer to verify cash on hand in all accounts at the station and I prepared two months of payroll for the guards. I don't feel the work is as onerous as they feel it is and they are so grateful for my help, how could i say no? In fact i prefer to be useful on the days clinic is closed!

Then poor Teresa found an error in a formula in an Excel workbook they use for clinic payroll that effects one employee's salary for this entire year! She was filled with dread at the thought of tackling this. She gladly let me help her and i had it figured out and corrected in a few hours--but you would have thought i laid a golden egg or something! She was so happy! I told her it's good to be needed. Heeheehee

And so she baked me these: