My brain hurts!
Today was my first day with a Wolof language tutor. We spent two hours repeating, recording & rehearsing the numerous Wolof greetings in mock conversations. The tutor later told the guesthouse coordinator that I have a good accent! Now if only my brain can fit all the vocabulary!! I spent another 2 hrs on books study by myself. And later, during our 1.5 hr evening walk, Teresa had me practice with a neighbor woman selling fruit, some girls playing outside their compounds, and women walking home. It was fun but my brain is tired. I'll have class 5 or 6 days this week and in the village all next week, too. Then i'll start seeing patients in the clinic on the 27th when things are back to normal after the end-of-Ramadan holiday.
This afternoon we picked up the ambulance from one garage but it will need to go to two or three more shops before it's ready for service. I made a house call and checked on the mechanic's 5 yr old daughter who was sick with a UTI over the weekend. She was playing and running at high speed so I think the antibiotics are working!
Oh, and my other kiddo patients have recuperated from the pink eye scourge and have been entertaining us with their antics on the guesthouse playground.

<< Home